Other stuff I have written about

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

kony 2012 don't be a hater.

well if you live in the year 2012...which I am assuming most of you do ( Ya that's right some people are periodically confused ok?)  you have or have access to the Internet and or face book. I don't know about you but last night I was just going along my not so important face book business and my feed just goes nuts with this Kony 2012 thing. Not gonna lie when I say I didn't really look real deeply into the issue...I was after all, eating a snack and I was more interested in that, how ever, when I was trying to fall asleep, I was like ok lets give this a look.  I did some research an watched the video, to sum it all up this guy, Joesph Kony is a terrible person x800, makes army's of innocent children and forces them to do the unthinkable. If you are a decent human you realize this is outrageous and must be stopped.
Things like this stir up emotions in people 70% of this emotions is good and positive, which is refreshing to see in this self first others second God last if at all, type of world, but that remaining  30% of people are negative Nelly's, but we are gonna call em haters. The question I have is why.. WHY must there be haters especially with things like this, weather or not this campaign is successful in its goal or not is beside the fact,this charity was started to spark a fire of love, love for something that isn't affecting us in our enriched with technology  lives yet we still show support, why? because these kids are kids and people are people regardless of color, gender, or skin color.  The fact is there are some viral causes that are solely based on opinions, gay marriage, mac vs PC, countless religious debates etc, if you want to get all up in some ones face cause you disagree that's life debates are fine if done tastefully, however this isn't debatable these are kids being made to kill their family and friends, among other things, there should be no "Anti Kony" "I don't support kony" If you don't want to give money that's fine, if you think its a money scam and don't want any part in it fine, or if you just think its stupid because there is no way that we can help, then keep it to yourself. Making people aware of whats going is something in of its self. no need to make people feel bad for caring, People need to start caring again for the right reasons, Change a heart, change the world.

Trust in the Lord, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness. - Psalm 37:3

No comments:

Post a Comment